Monaco have confirmed the signings of FC Porto duo Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez on five-year deals for a combined fee of €70million.
Both players collected Portuguese winners' medals for the third season in a row earlier this month and a number of European clubs were believed to have been chasing their signatures before Russian billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev opened his chequebook.
Portuguese international Moutinho, who has spent the last three years with Porto since joining from Sporting Lisbon in 2010, came at a price of €25million.
News of the 26-year-old's transfer will be a major blow for Tottenham Hotspur, who had been expected to revive their interest in the midfielder this summer after missing out last year.
Colombian winger Rodriguez has collected eight trophies in a three-year spell in Portugal and has commanded a €45million fee.
A statement issued by Porto read: "Futebol Clube do Porto would like to inform the market that it has reached an agreement with Association Sportive de Monaco Football Club for the permanent transfer of players James Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho.
"The combined fee of this transfer is €70million (£60m), €45m (£38.4m) for the transfer of James Rodriguez and €25m (£21.4m) for the transfer of Joao Moutinho."
Claudio Ranieri's side have also been linked with a big-money move for Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, who has attracted interest from Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City.
Entertainment-septia is the most up to date site that concerns about entertainment, lifestyle, celebrities, news today and everything up to date.
Showing posts with label FC Porto. Show all posts
Showing posts with label FC Porto. Show all posts
Friday, May 24, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Moutinho cools Porto exit talk
Joao Moutinho insists he has "no intention" of leaving Porto, after being once again linked with a big-money move to Tottenham this summer.
The Portuguese midfield star has long been linked with former boss Andre Villas Boas, who has tried to sign him for Chelsea and more recently Spurs.
But big spending Monaco are now said to be lining up a move for him, as well as team-mate James Rodriguez.
However, Moutinho is more than happy with life at Porto, where he has just won his third successive league title.
Moutinho says Porto are determined to improve on their European performances next year.
The Portuguese midfield star has long been linked with former boss Andre Villas Boas, who has tried to sign him for Chelsea and more recently Spurs.
But big spending Monaco are now said to be lining up a move for him, as well as team-mate James Rodriguez.
However, Moutinho is more than happy with life at Porto, where he has just won his third successive league title.
"Right now nothing will make me change clubs. I am extremely happy here and the most important is happiness and winning titles," Moutinho said.
But he added: "My future is up to FC Porto. No player is immune to leaving. But if something does come up, it has to be something good for both parties."
"We want to improve the campaign from last year, we want to improve on the European level, we want to win everything you enter and it is with this in mind that we will enter the first day of the season," he said.
Moutinho says Porto are determined to improve on their European performances next year.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Dortmund eyeing move for Porto star

Portuguese newspaper A Bola has suggested that Borussia Dortmund are keeping close tabs on Porto striker Jackson Martinez.
With Mario Gotze set to join Bayern Munich in the summer and Robert Lewandowski also expected to leave, the Millionaires will have between €80m and €100m to spend on new players in the summer transfer window.
According to A Bola, BVB boss Jurgen Klopp is pondering a move for FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez.
The Colombian has been in scintillating form since arriving at the club in the summer, but the Dragons are not too keen on selling their prized asset.
Martinez has scored 25 goals in 26 Primeira Liga matches for Porto, while netting three times in eight Champions League fixtures.
The 26-year-old, who has also been linked with Galatasaray and Anzhi, has a €40 million release clause inserted in his deal and will only leave the Dragons if a club meet the asking price.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)

