Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Courtois has faith in Chelsea


Thibaut Courtois believes that Chelsea's youth policy will give him a chance of a successful future at Stamford Bridge.





The Belgian goalkeeper has spent the last two seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid since joining Chelsea from Racing Genk in June 2011.



The 21-year-old has already played for his country at senior level and is seen as a long-term replacement for Petr Cech, but has earned glowing reviews during his stint at the Estadio Vicente Calderon.



He said:


"Chelsea have the young players that maybe in two or three years' time can win everything.



"I signed with Chelsea, not just because it is a big club but also because of its commitment to young players. I want to be part of Chelsea history."



However, Courtois is open-minded as to whether or not he will get the chance to impress with his parent club.



He said: "Chelsea have always been very fair with me and they are also smart people and they know that I need to play.



"I don't know where that will be but I do know I have proved myself in the two years I have been here (in Madrid)."


No comments:

Post a Comment