Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Riera: 'Galatasaray fans are 12th man'

Galatasaray left-back Albert Riera has praised Galatasaray's fans and has said that they are able to "win games" with their support.

style="border-radius: 25px 25px 25px 25px; border: 5px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);" width="266" />

The former Liverpool winger said that football means everything to the Turkish side's fans and that he expects up to 15,000 to make the trip to the Bernabeu for the quarter-final of the Champions League against Real Madrid.



"Galatasaray's fans are the most fanatical [of all the clubs I've been at]," he told Marca. "If I had to choose just one of them, for their craziness and fanaticism, I'd stick with Galatasaray's.



"I've never seen anything like it in my life. These guys win games, I'm telling you. If the club is given 40,000 tickets then 40,000 fans travel plus a few more.



"They're talking about between 10,000 and 15,000 Turks travelling to Madrid and I believe them. It's insane how they live their football and what this tie means to them. Right now it means everything."



The first leg takes place in Madrid on Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment