Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Villa: I’m glad to help Messi

Barcelona forward, David Villa put in a timeless display in his side’s 3-1 win over Rayo Vallecano on Sunday evening, and despite the standout personal performance, was even more satisfied that he was able to assist fellow forward, Leo Messi score.



In his post-match interview, Villa discussed the match and the team’s collective effort after going through a recent string of poor results.



“I like to be able to help the team with my goals. I want to keep on scoring and giving the most of myself. I’m happy that I was able to help Messi score, we understand each other well.



“We felt the fatigue due to the effort we put in on Tuesday, and it was even more noticeable tonight because Rayo are a demanding side. They wanted the ball and they forced us to press them.



“We’ve never lost sight of what we had to do, we simply picked up a couple of bad results. Football is a game in which you can win, lose or draw but we have always stood up to be counted, even if there have been a couple of important games that we haven’t been able to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment